A London based award winning, innovative and bespoke ecological solutions consultancy is looking to expand their dynamic team with an Ecologist. They have a great reputation for being at the forefront of successful delivery of sustainability and green infrastructure services in the UK and are looking for an ecologist with demonstrable project management and Preliminary Ecological Appraisal experience to join their busy and successful team.
Role & Company:
This is an exciting new opportunity to be part of innovative approach to sustainable solutions for urban biodiversity and green infrastructure designs within the south east. You will be managing and delivering a range of ecological services including coordinating bat surveys, writing and reviewing reports for a variety of projects across London and the home counties.
As an Ecology Consultant you will be involved throughout all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability. A key part of your role will include collaborating with project managers, planners and architects to come up with the best solutions for delivering ecological mitigation plans concerning protected species in complex scenarios.
Alongside this you will have the opportunity to develop your wider consultancy skills including tender production, financial management and project programming.
Qualifications & Experience:
* BSc in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, environmental science or similar)
* Experience in professional ecological surveying, particularly in bats, GCN and reptiles. PEA experience is a must.
* Holder of a European protected species licence for bats, GCN and/or dormice
* Excellent report writing / reviewing skills
* Project management experience
* Strong interpersonal skills and building good working client relationships
* Full UK drivers licence
Ecology - Consultant - Environmental Consultancy - Green Infrastructure - Ecological Survey - Sustainability - Environment - Bats - GCN - CIEEM - London