I am working with a well-known design and engineering consultancy who work in the aviation, defence, nuclear and rail sectors. They are looking for an M&E BIM Technician to join their Salford office. In this role you will be liaising with the project BIM Manager on key projects and producing Revit families where required using Revit MEP.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Working within the requirements of the project BIM execution plan and company procedures.
* Produce 2D layouts/sections/schematics, using AutoCAD.
* Produce 3D BIM models, generating 2D/3D/layouts/sections/schematics, to include information modelling to the requirement of the project, using Revit Clash detection, using Navisworks
* Communicating with the internal/external project team. Travel may be necessary according to the project requirements.
* An understanding of the requirement for building services co-ordination. Working to have knowledge of BS 1992, PAS 1192 and BS8541.
* Experience in using Revit MEP on real projects (examples of work required at interview, in native .rvt file format).
* Desirable experience of projects within the following sectors: Industrial Process, Manufacturing, Power Generation, Aviation, Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Residential, Commercial.
* Familiar with assurance processes, codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
* Ability to liaise and co-ordinate with all other members of the Design Team.
* Experience in using other software packages desirable, such as: AutoCAD MEP, CADDuct/FabMEP, Solibri etc.
* Educated to A-Level / ONC / HNC level as a minimum. Degree level preferred.
This will give you an exciting opportunity to advance your career as a BIM professional, working for a market leader. If you are interested in finding out more about this role, give Elliot a call on 0207 960 2580.
BIM - Revit - MEP - PAS 1192 - Solibri - Navisworks - Clash Detection - Revit Families