We are supporting an environmental and engineering consultancy with their exciting new hiring plans for 2018. They are looking for a Senior Flood Risk Consultant to join their Nottingham team, to work and lead on exciting UK wide projects. You'll be able to move away from the grind of bread and butter flood risk projects, and work on more exciting and complex projects with a great range of clients.
Role & Company:
The main aspect of the role will include flood risk consultancy and pre-planning services to successfully support planning applications. These will be for a range of projects from small bespoke schemes to large multi-disciplinary projects. Alongside this, you will also be researching and delivering on FRA's and Hydraulic Modelling and delivery SUDS.
You will also be given the opportunity to mentor and train junior members of the team, whilst working with the wider environmental and water team.
Qualifications & Experience:
The senior flood risk consultant will have;
* Degree level education in Environmental Sciences or similar
* Experience in Flood Risk Assessments and a level of understanding of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
* Experience in Hydrological analysis using Flood Estimation Handbook techniques and associated software packages; ReFH and WINFAP.
* Hydraulic modelling in 1D/2D software packages such as Hec-Ras, Flood Modeller Pro (ISIS) and TUFLOW.
* Skills and knowledge in drainage strategy and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) is desirable.
Flood Risk Assessments / FRA / Hydraulic Modelling / SUDS / Environmental Consultancy / Environmental Planning / Senior / Nottingham