Our client is a leading environment and planning consultancy with a healthy portfolio of projects spanning the onshore/ offshore wind, hydropower, energy, petrochemicals and property sectors. They are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Ecologist to their dedicated team in Glasgow.
You will join a successful and growing team and have the opportunity to manage and support more junior team members. The ideal candidate will have a track record of undertaking and managing surveys and ecological appraisals for developments in a range of sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Reporting to the Associate Ecologist
* Supervise other project team members, including subcontractors and seasonal staff
* Undertake and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* Prepare reports and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors.
* Liaise with clients, prepare tenders/ proposals and contribute towards business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree education and membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv)
* Experience of managing EcIAs, Habitat Regulation Assessments (HRA) and Habitat Management Plans.
* Strong experience in protected species and habitat surveys (Extended Phase1 Habitat, NVC, bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
* SNH/ Natural England licence in one or more protected species (e.g. bats, GCN) is desirable
* Experience undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties is desirable
* Good knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full driving licence
This role has a generous benefits package, as well as the opportunity to rapidly develop your career on a comprehensive list of exciting project work within a friendly and supportive team.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com