Our client is a highly regarded multidisciplinary firm with a track record of innovation and quality. They are currently seeking to appoint an ambitious Senior / Principal Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to manage their dedicated ground engineering team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced geotechnical engineer looking to further their career and develop their project management, staff management and business development skills. You will also lead on an interesting and challenging mix of commercial, infrastructure, industrial and petrochemical projects. Our client offers unrivalled opportunities for career progression, a generous base salary and excellent flexible benefits package including private health care.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Lead the geotechnical team on a variety of geo-environmental site investigations, mining risk assessments, rock slope engineering, foundation design, temporary works design, road design, peat/ slope stability analysis for a variety of proposals
* Interpretation of geotechnical data for input to designs
* Preparation of ground investigation reports (GIR) and geotechnical design reports (GDR)
* Review of designs and reports
* Project management and budget control
* Mentoring of junior members of staff
* Liaison with clients, colleagues and stakeholders
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MSc Geotechnical Engineering)
* Chartership or evidence of working towards this would be beneficial
* Proven experience in the successful delivery of geotechnical designs
* Strong knowledge in writing GIR & GDR (interpretative reporting and design)
* Knowledge of relevant software is desirable (e.g. Holebase, Limit State Geo, Oasys, Plaxis, Wallap)
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors
* Good written and verbal communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com