A London Borough has an opportunity for an Urban Design Officer to join their team on a contract / temp basis, with the opportunity to be a long-term appointment.
Key responsibilities include:
* To take a senior role in providing design and place-making advice in the evaluation and negotiation of a wide range of planning applications, key development projects and other related matters;
* To provide support to, and deputise for the Principal Urban Design Officer and Team Leader in their absence on the provision of specialist urban design and place-making advice for the Council;
* To represent the Borough at pre and post application meetings with developers, their architects and agents, and to negotiate with all parties to ensure a high standard of development;
* To assist with the preparation of urban design guidance, design policy, planning briefs and masterplans for major development sites within the borough (graphic, written and verbal);
* Degree or diploma in Urban Design, Town Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or other design based discipline.
* In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of urban design and planning policies and related legislation.
* Effective time management and ability to work under pressure
If you would like to be considered, please click apply or submit your CV to If you prefer to have a discreet chat about these roles in more detail please feel free to call me on 0207 960 2589.
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com