Our client is a leading engineering consultancy and they have undergone rapid growth in the Scottish market in recent years. They are currently seeking a Senior Transport Modeller AND a Principal Transport Modeller to join their team in Edinburgh and assist with a diverse array of prestigious local and national transport projects.
The successful candidates will have experience in transport modelling and have the opportunity to develop their skills in areas such as strategic modelling, microsimulation modelling, major scheme appraisal, transport economics and transport strategy.
* Provide input to modelling projects from receiving project briefs, through data analysis and model development, to report production
* Provide economic analysis for business cases to support transport investment decisions
* Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
* Plan and supervise traffic surveys
* Undertake data analysis for large datasets
* Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for manager approval and assist in the preparation of major bids
* Degree qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Transport Planning, Statistics, Mathematics)
* Demonstrable experience in transport modelling or appraisal within a similar consultancy environment
* Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following modelling packages is desirable (e.g. VISSIM/VISUM, CUBE/VOYAGER, CUBE/TRIPS, SATURN, TUBA or PARAMICS)
* Experience of traffic signal operation would be advantageous (e.g. LinSig/ TRANSYT)
* Experience of GIS, SPS and/or SQL is desirable
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client offers an attractive salary, a very supportive work environment and the opportunity to progress your career on a challenging portfolio of development planning projects. For further information on this or any other related positions, please do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com