We are working with a leading multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy to recruit a Senior Hydrologist to their Cheshire based planning team.
Ideally, you will have experience of undertaking flood risk assessments (FRA), hydrology chapters for environmental impact assessments (EIA) and concept and detail drainage design work.
* Undertake FRAs, concept & detail drainage designs and hydrology chapters for EIAs
* Prepare sustainable engineering solutions to provide water quality improvements
* Support the preparation of tenders and technical reports
* Maintain and develop technical capability through Continuing Professional Development (CPD), including mentoring and guiding junior staff
* Liaison with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
* Project management and financial management
* BSc and/ or MSc/ MEng in a relevant discipline
* At or working towards Chartered Membership (ICE/ CIWEM or equivalent)
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Experienced in use of:
* Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
* FEH, WINFAP FEH, ISIS, HEC-RAS and other flood modelling software
* AutoCAD and WinDES
* Awareness of ground modelling software such as PDS
* Proven work experience in consultancy with project work spanning both the private and public sectors
Our client offers the opportunity to join a forward thinking and dynamic team with excellent prospects for career progression.