Graduate Environmental Consultant
An opening has arisen for a graduate environmental consultant to join our Environment & Health team based in Ramboll’s Bath office. The role will involve working with the established team on day to day project activities, which primarily involves the assessment of contaminated land. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team, to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas will initially include:
Phase 1 desk-based assessments:
Undertaking desk-based research
Carrying out site inspections
preparing and delivering reports
Phase 2 site investigations:
- The design and supervision of site investigations, initially in a supporting role as you develop your experience
- On-site monitoring of gas and groundwater
- Sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
- Scheduling laboratory analysis
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Interpretative report writing, preparation of figures and other graphical data
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with other aspects of the environment team’s work within the Bath office and Ramboll’s consulting teams across the UK in a variety of areas on an as required basis. This could include opportunities to be involved in:
Environment and H&S due diligence and compliance assessments
Environmental impact assessments
Flood risk assessment.
Therefore, a flexible approach to cross-discipline working is a key requirement.
There is likely to be a need for field work, potentially across the UK and overseas work might also be required. Candidates should note there is likely to be a requirement to periodically work away from the office.
The successful candidate will be self-confident, willing to work flexible hours when required and be able to build positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate degree in geology, environmental, engineering, chemistry or other related discipline
- Masters Degree in a related geological or environmental discipline (desirable but not essential)
- Full clean driving licence
- Required Skills
- Experience with IT packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- An eye for detail, being able to accurately measure, record and input data
- Well organised, with the ability/initiative prioritise and organise work activities
- Numerically competent
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Competent and efficient report writing skill
- Strong team member
Basic understanding of the approach to contaminated land assessment and remediation in the UK
Basic understanding of ground investigation techniques
Basic understanding of contaminated land risk assessment tools
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.