Our client is a highly regarded UK consultancy and they are currently seeking to appoint a Senior or Principal Ecologist to their Leeds Environmental team. You will join an established and successful multidisciplinary team working alongside engineers, planners and EIA consultants. This represents the opportunity to work on variety of projects spanning property, infrastructure, energy and renewables.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and technically competent ecologist with a self-motivated attitude, actively looking to progress their career within an accomplished firm. You will have a proven track record in project management, field work and technical reporting with experience of mentoring other staff.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Preparation and review of technical reports including feasibility studies and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA)
* Liaising with colleagues and clients in order to deliver projects in line with expectations
* Project managing a range of projects, providing relevant technical guidance
* Mentoring other staff members
* Business development including strengthening existing relationships and bringing new clients on board
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree ior Masters in relevant subject
* Demonstrable experience project managing ecological surveys and reporting for a range of proposals
* Experience of preparing and reviewing EcIA and Habitat Regulation Assessments
* Excellent experience in ecological surveying of a range of taxa
* Holder of Natural England or SNH licences in one of more protected species is desirable
* Good project management, financial and business acumen
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving license
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com