Project Engineer – Power Generation. Location: Midlands, UK. Salary: £45,000 - £60,000!
Great Recruitment Solutions are working with a global leader in Clean-tech Power Generation. Our Client is seeking an experienced and highly competent Project Engineering professional to join an accomplished Engineering Team and work towards the design and build of Energy from Waste power generation projects.
• Working as a key part of the engineering group to develop and engineer solutions for major projects in the Energy from Waste industry
• Development of process flows, P&ID drawings, line lists
• Plant equipment specification and selection, sourcing and selection of suppliers, specification and integration of third party equipment packages.
• Generating and reviewing technical specifications for key components and process equipment packages, tender process and bid analysis.
• Liaising with suppliers, technology providers and partners.
• Reporting to and liaising with the engineering manager to ensure project impetus and deadlines are maintained.
• Attend meetings with clients and contractors
• Implement documentation systems / document control and maintain system documentation / manuals
• The candidate will have a minimum of BSc / MSc degree with experience in a process / mechanical discipline associated with process plant project engineering.
• Strong industrial experience gained within the Power Generation industry with an intimate knowledge of steam raising power plants.
• Experience of technically managing complex engineering projects from conception to completion
• Knowledge of combustion systems and high temperature applications.
• Broad experience of a wide range of engineering equipment and technology
• CAD skills – able to use AutoCAD to develop plant layout drawings / engineering line diagrams / process flow diagrams.
• Modeling – Smartplant PDS, P&ID not essential but advantageous.
• Experience in HAZID and HAZOP studies
• Be self-motivated and a team player.
• Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer Status