Commissioning Engineer. Location. Midlands with UK travel. Salary. Around £55,000 + package!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer for a leading player within the Energy from Waste industry. Due to recent contract wins, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Commissioning Engineer (mechanical) who is happy to work in a field engineering role to support their clients around the UK on various sites. The role involves commissioning new Energy from Waste plants currently nearing construction completion.
• Commissioning of the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and software (Allen Bradley)
• They must have a sound understanding of the equipment and complex control systems to allow for all aspects of trouble shooting
• Carry out and record all of the commissioning tests, including hand‐over trials.
• The continuous updating of documentation required during the commissioning process
• Onsite training of the client’s workforce
• Provide service maintenance and design/process enhancements on an ongoing basis
• Be available to work from the UK office (Nottingham), if required
• The candidate will have either a BSc in Engineering with at least 5 years of in mechanical and or process design / commissioning OR equivalent experience
• Management skills when dealing with contractors and the customer
• Electrical installation supervision requiring liaison with contractors
• Specific Technical Requirements
• Low to medium electrical experience (up to 600Vac)
• Electrical commissioning and fault finding
• Allen Bradley Logix 5000 PLC’s hardware / software
• Flex IO / DeviceNet and ControlNet hardware / software
• FactoryTalk View SCADA programming software using Ethernet communications
• PowerFlex 4/40/70/700 series VFD’s hardware / ControlNet communications
• Instrumentation including oxygen analyzers, pressure transmitters, thermocouples etc.
• Hydraulic commissioning and fault finding
• Combustion fault finding on burner systems
• Process knowledge within the Aluminum thermal industries / Waste to energy industries desirable (furnaces, de‐coating etc.)
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products