Owners Engineer (28-month Contract). Location. South West. Day rate is ‘negotiable’ + expenses!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking an Owners Engineer for a leading Engineering Consultancy to oversee the delivery of a new build Energy from Waste project in the South West. The project is a major refurb of an existing Power Station, performing what some people might consider a heart, lung and liver transplant on the existing facility! The ultimate goal is to ensure that the resulting upgrade is delivered exactly according to the design. Most importantly to ensure that the ‘operation’ is a success and the Power Station operates exactly as intended. This involves challenging the EPC contractors and technology providers where required and safeguarding the engineering integrity of the project at all times. Due to the complexity of the plant, challenges can be expected and therefore a strong set of trouble shooting skills will be required.
• Educated to Degree level in an Engineering or similar discipline with a background in Process/ Project Engineering
• Strong technical/ engineering experience gained within a major engineering organisation or technical consultancy firm
• Previous experience as an Owners Engineer/ Lenders Engineer/ Technical Manager on Energy from Waste and/ or Biomass power plant projects
• A sound knowledge/ experience of process design, engineering, project management, construction and commissioning
• A keen eye for detail with razor sharp technical skills
• Proven record in a client facing role and ability to communicate well at all levels