EC&I Project Engineer. Location: Midlands, UK. Salary: £50,000 - £65,000!
Great Recruitment Solutions are seeking a EC&I Project Engineer for a global leader in Energy from Waste. This is an office based project engineering, electrical and systems integration role. A level of site based work will be required from time to time.
• Project engineering and management of complete control systems from initial system design through to final handover and operational support
• Operating with a complete team of systems engineers to complete the project management requirements outlined above.
• Reporting to and liaising with the engineering manager to ensure project impetus and deadlines are maintained
• Leading the design of / designing the electrical systems for the gasification / pyrolysis plant equipment
• Development of electrical single line diagrams, load lists, load shedding studies, and overall plant electrical distribution systems.
• Generating / reviewing technical specifications and purchasing key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centres, starters, transformers, VFD’s, UPS systems, DC systems, etc.
• Writing / drawing / reviewing the technical content of all aspects of electrical and system engineering and design, the production of bid and construction documents and engineering assistance for start-up
• Evaluation of electrical / systems data and designs submitted by contractors and suppliers
• Lead our system integrator (drafters, designers, and engineers) in executing the electrical designs, verification of those designs including PLC and SCADA systems
• Implement documentation systems / document control and maintain system documentation / manuals
• The candidate will have a minimum of BSc / MSc with at least 5+ years’ experience in systems / EC&I engineering, software and instrumentation design
• Knowledge of low and of medium voltage power trains and associated control and instrumentation
• Experienced in HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and SIL studies