I am working with an award-winning engineering consultancy with 100 staff, who are known for their work in the Civil and Structural Engineering sectors.
Due to a healthy increase in workload, our client is currently looking to appoint a Graduate Civil / Drainage Engineer to join the Civils Team in the Central London office. The Civils team has been consistently growing as a result of retained work from their excellent reputation and attention to detail in design.
The successful Graduate candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning commercial, retail, residential and education sectors. In this company you will receive excellent support towards chartership and will be working alongside some of the best Civil Engineers in the industry.
The Role / Responsibilities:
* Design of infrastructure for commercial, residential, retail and education sectors (SUDS drainage systems, hard landscaping schemes and buildups for roads)
* Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
* Liaison with statutory bodies and local authorities eg. Local Highways Departments, Environment Agency, SUDS Officers
* Maintain the quality and consistency of technical output (drawings and reports) and make sure projects are completed on budget and in a timely manner
* Looking to take the lead on civil engineering design on projects
Qualifications / Experience Required:
* Be a career driven individual who has a passion for Civil Engineering
* A Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering (Min 2:1/Merit)
* Ideally have some experience in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software such as Windes, MicroDrainage, Civils 3D/ PDS, Revit or AutoCAD.
* Having some knowledge in the use of: Sewers for Adoption, 7th Edition, CIRIA SUDS Manual, The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), DMRB /SHW
* Ideally some experience in the design of roads for Section 38 / 278 works
* Ideally some experience in the design of drainage for S104, S185 and S106 approval
Graduate - Civil Engineering - Drainage Design - MEng - MicroDrainage - Cvil3D - PDS - S278 - S104