Senior Consultant – Seafood Services
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Seafood leader to join the management team of a dynamic international consultancy organisation with clients across UK, Alaska, Peru, Chile, India, Europe, North America and the Far East.
RS Standards is at the forefront of seafood assurance program improvements across the wild capture, aquaculture and supply chain arena. RS Standards is currently playing a lead role in a number of key standard developments and innovations and as part of this role the successful candidate will play a pivotal thought leadership role within the team acting as the primary interface with designated clients. These consultation projects are of a significant international scale and as such will require the candidate to report directly to an RS Standard’s Partner. This position’s main responsibilities will include; client management services, team resourcing and management, stakeholder information review, interrogation and collation, plus standard innovation and design. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record in the ability to assimilate and analyse new information diligently and prepare accurate reports for clients. In addition to having excellent skills in communication, both verbal and literacy, planning and motivational aptitudes. This is a global role so international travel will be required and the successful candidate will also be required to work from home office.
Location: Preferably EU or North America but other locations could be considered.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• To lead and assist in the management of RS Seafood Projects and key strategic Initiatives.
• To identify, build and manage a global team of seafood and supply chain management experts.
• To lead and assist in the innovation and development of seafood sector standards and improvement initiatives.
• To liaise with producer and government type organisations to assist them in strategic initiatives.
• To carry out rigorous assessments (desktop / physical) against agreed standards in accordance with documented procedures and maintain full records of all such initiatives.
• To respond to customer requests within agreed timescales, to assess the compliance and responses and make recommendations.
• To carry out due diligence audits on behalf of customers specific requirements and in accordance with relevant national and international legislation.
• To produce timely and accurate reports in compliance with the report format agreed with the customer.
• To remain up to date on all quality work policies, procedures, instructions and documentation.
• To carry out written and verbal communication with customers (internal and external).
• To liaison diligently with internal departments and field based inspectors.
• To prepare accurate reports for management.
• Identifying specific training needs relevant to the tasks performed by approved team members
Candidate Minimum Skills & Experience
• BSc or higher in a Seafood science related discipline
• At least 5 years hands-on experience across the seafood sector
• Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks.
• An understanding of Seafood Standards and Accreditations
• Proficient computer skills, not necessarily through formal training.
• Proven organisational and communication skills.
• Ability to drive and travel internationally
• Fluent in the English Language. Other relevant languages would be an advantage.
RS Standards Ltd
RS Standards Ltd is the leading seafood standards and assurance consultancy organisation that specializes in bespoke standards development, interpretation, and training across the entire seafood supply chain.
RS Standards is a dynamic and growing organisation that has key clients covering the globe from Alaska to Australia. In addition, our consultancy activities have been tailored to support clients in the implementation of the most recognised seafood standards that cover all aspects of Fishery and Aquaculture certification.
Visit our website www.rsstandards.com for more information about the company.
An excellent incentive based remuneration package is available for the right candidate with long term career advancement prospects within a rapidly growing professional organisation.
In the first instance interested candidates should submit, in confidence, a detailed CV and indicate levels of relevant competence to: info@RSStandards.com
RS STANDARDS LTD Forsythe House, Cromac Place, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8LA, United Kingdom