Senior Engineer. Location: East Midlands, South Dorset, Hampshire. Salary: £42,000 - £47,000 + benefits!
Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking an Engineer with Operations and Maintenance experience for a global market leader of solar projects. The role involves providing technical leadership to General Operatives and Field Service Engineers ensuring the standard of inhibitory and corrective activities of maintenance and reporting and making certain that the standards outlined by the Engineering team are enforced and performed.
• To make sure the highest safety standards are invariably maintained
• Training and developing Field Service Engineers ensuring their full knowledge, understanding and compliance with methodology statements and work directions
• Delivering ‘on-the-job’ coaching in preventative and corrective maintenance to Field Service Engineers
• Auditing and assessing the technical quality of the work undertaken by Field Service Engineers to spot improvement opportunities.
• Reviewing, validating and approving applicable samples of technical reports made by Field Service Engineers before their submission to Clients
• Liaising with the client technical queries resulting from maintenance reports
• Immediately operating corrective and preventative upkeep as required
• Coordinating and participating in fundamental incidents and repairs
• Contributing to the continual improvement of method statements and work directions maintained through the Engineering Team
• Development of reports to the Management Team
• An Electrical Engineer or Electrician with technical experience
• A Senior Authorised Person specifically experienced in electrical fields
• Experienced working on, maintaining or repairing wind turbines, solar panel and/or similar other high voltage equipment is essential
• Experience of overseeing and coordinating engineering teams through a full repair cycle; trouble shooting to completion of repair (including being personally involved in the repair/maintenance as required)
• Strong High Voltage background is essential
• Proven experience of mentoring, overseeing and/or managing a team of technically experienced staff is essential
• City and Guilds 2382 (17th Edition) & 2392 or 95
• Electrical, power and mechanical certifications, training or experience would be very advantageous
This is another great opportunity provided by Green Recruitment Solutions, the leading recruitment specialists within the green industries. A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.