We are a London-based sustainable transport consultancy looking for two freelance educator/teachers to deliver approximately 100 air quality assemblies at 50 primary and secondary schools in Brent. The work will also involve setting up air quality test tube monitoring around schools.
Work will be delivered when schools have available assembly slots, so the successful applicant will need to be flexible in their availability to deliver the work. There will be 2-3 educator/teachers in the team, so you will deliver approximately 30-50 assemblies over a five month period.
You will have a qualification in education and/or teaching experience. You will be able to deliver engaging, informative and interactive assemblies to pupils of various ages and abilities. You will have a good knowledge of and passion for sustainability and air quality.
About the organisation:
We are a consultancy specialising in transport behaviour change and reducing the transport impact on air quality. Our key clients are local authorities and schools in the London and the home counties.
Key skills and experience:
* Qualifications and demonstrable experience in education/teaching
* Ability to deliver engaging, informative and interactive lessons to pupils of various ages and abilities
* Knowledge of and passion for sustainability
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Flexible schedule and ability to work on short notice
* DBS is required
Role and responsibilities:
* Travel to schools
* Deliver air quality assemblies
* Set up air quality monitoring tubes with a group of children in accordance with outline plan
* Deliver assembly summarising the results of the air quality monitoring