We are MP Smarter Travel, a Southwark-based sustainable transport consultancy looking to recruit a graduate on a three-month contract (October to December) with potential to extend.
The role will be to support projects including: desk-based research for air quality monitoring; speaking in front of primary school classes to record how children travel to school; gathering air quality test tubes and replacing them as required, and phoning schools to follow up with them on the delivery of their School Travel Plans.
There is an additional task of delivering air quality assemblies at primary schools, although this task can be delivered by other consultants if the applicant does not have appropriate experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the sustainable transport sector.
We are looking for a 'people person' who is highly social and comfortable making phone calls, introducing themselves and the project, and achieving the objectives of the phone call. A background in sales, customer service or administering phone surveys is desirable.
You will have excellent spoken and written communications skills, organisations skills and attention to detail. You will also be interested in transport, air quality and/or the built environment. You will have a degree in geography or another environmental discipline.
For the additional (optional) task of delivering air quality assemblies in primary schools, you will have experience in speaking in front of large groups of children, such as teaching, theatre, working as a tour guide, etc.
About the organisation:
MP Smarter Travel is a consultancy specialising in transport behaviour change and reducing the transport impact of air quality. Our key clients are local authorities, schools and Business Improvement Districts in the London and the home counties.
Key skills and experience:
* Degree in geography or another environmental discipline (required)
* Highly social, clear and confident speaker (required)
* Excellent written communications including report writing (required)
* Excellent organisational skills (required)
* Excellent attention to detail (required)
* DBS (required)
Optional additional task:
* Experience in speaking in front of large groups of children (e.g. experience in teaching, theatre, as a tour guide, etc.)
Role and responsibilities:
* Desk-based research to identify appropriate locations for air quality monitoring test tubes based on identified criteria
* Call schools and arrange assemblies and school visits
* Call schools to ensure administrators are implementing their School Travel Plan
* Travel to schools
* Speak in front of classes to administer travel surveys
* Collect air quality monitoring test tubes and replace missing/damaged tubes as required
* Post tubes to lab for analysis
Optional additional task:
* Deliver assemblies at primary schools regarding air quality
* Set up air quality monitoring test tubes on school grounds with a group of students