Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of private and public sector projects throughout the UK and internationally. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals and investing heavily in staff training and development.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are looking to appoint an experienced Principal or Associate Hydrologist / Flood Risk Engineer to their Water teams in Edinburgh or Glasgow. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of exciting projects in the commercial, residential, renewables and infrastructure sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and undertake hydrological assessments, flood risk assessments (FRA) and develop hydraulic models (primarily for riverine and costal environments)
* Liaise with other members of the team and the wider staff in order to deliver a thorough final product
* Work closely with the ecology, EIA and contaminated land teams on various national and international projects
* Liaison with clients, local authorities and regulators
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in related discipline
* Chartered or working towards chartership would be beneficial
* Experience of managing hydrological and flood risk projects
* Strong knowledge of UK legislation
* Working knowledge of relevant industry software
* Good verbal and written communication skills
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with and support a team of fellow environmental specialists, in an innovative and forward thinking company. For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com