We are looking for a motivated senior ecological consultant to join a multidisciplinary team within an award winning environmental consultancy in London. You will be supporting the delivery of a diverse range of projects including unique urban biodiversity projects and green infrastructure strategy production.
To be successful in this post you will have proven consultancy experience allowing you to work autonomously, with the drive and passion to support the
Role & Company:
Our client is multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. With a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability, the organisation is committed to maintaining a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
This role will see you managing ecology projects including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Management Plans and Ecological Impact Assessments. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside your fieldwork, you will play a key role in supporting the Principal Ecologist in leading the team. As an experienced consultant you will have the autonomy to work on key elements of project management including reviewing reports as well producing tenders, client liaison, financial management and project programming.
Qualifications & Experience:
The senior ecologist will have;
* Ideally 4+ years of professional experience
* Degree in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar)
* At least ACIEEM (MCIEEM desirable)
* Access to a car with full driver's licence
* Excellent report writing skills
* Possess sound knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and planning policy
* Experienced in ecological surveying, particularly for bats, GCN and reptiles
* Hold a European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery (desirable)
* Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable)
Ecological - Senior Ecologist - EPSM - ACIEEM - Ecology Consultancy - Environmental - London