A global multidisciplinary engineering consultancy are seeking a Waste Consultant to join their Environmental Planning practice and are flexible to accommodate a new starter in Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds or Surrey offices. As part of a well-established team you will be supported by colleagues to deliver existing EIA projects whilst also contributing to ideas for new work streams and initiatives.
What will you be doing?
The existing project pipeline is focused on Environmental Assessment work so you will be responsible for contributing to the production of Environmental Statements (preparing Waste and Material Resources Chapters, Climate Chapters, Operational Waste Strategies, Materials Management Plans and Site Waste Management Plans). Using your existing experience and knowledge from undertaking a similar role in consultancy, you will proactively manage projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback.
The team's aspirations are to continue to diversify their workload, so you'll have the opportunity to make suggestions and play a role in the direction of work streams. Areas of interest include construction environmental management, BREEAM /CEEQUAL, design work and operation waste projects too.
What do you need?
To be successful in post you'll need to hit the ground running so should have a relevant degree and experience of working in consultancy, with particular experience of leading on waste management chapters for EIAs. You will also have;
* Demonstrable post-graduate experience in waste, material resources and carbon and working knowledge on the construction industry best practice.
* A track record of attending deign meetings, problem solving with engineers, architects and local authorities to come to project solutions.
* Experience of developing Site Waste Management Plans, Materials Management Plans and Waste Strategies
* Good knowledge and experience of commercial aspects of projects
Your contribution to the team's future progress is important, so those able to bring ideas to the table in the following areas will be of particular interest to my client;
* Operational waste projects.
* BREEAM and/or CEEQUAL
* Climate Change Adaptation Strategies
* Pre-demolition Audits
* Sustainability Statements
* Construction Environmental Management
* Audit and inspection experience
In return for your efforts a competitive salary and benefits package are on offer. You will be supported by the technical director to develop your career in the direction you'd like, receiving CPD as per your personally tailored development plan.
Waste - Environmental Statement - Construction environmental management - CEEQUAL - BREEAM - Design team meeting - EIA - waste management