A great career opportunity for a Health & Safety Consultant who will be part of a team of twenty providing CDM advice and other health and safety related services for one of the country's leading multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors.
Our client focuses on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Produce CDM documentation (e.g. Pre-Construction Information, Health and Safety Files, Risk Registers, etc) at appropriate stages, in accordance with the CDM Regulations
* Attend internal team meetings and participate in departmental initiatives
* Perform other construction health and safety services that may be required by the Client from time to time (e.g. Site Safety Audit);
* You will be a vital part of the team offering construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. You will be required to fulfil the role of CDM advisor / Principal Designer on multiple projects to help ensure compliance with duties under CDM 2015.
* You will have a design background and the ability to lead and work independently on projects, typically throughout London and the South East. Projects can be in any location in the UK so a willingness to travel is preferred. Experience with the rail industry would be an advantage.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Educated to degree level in a construction or related field with a preference for a design related degree
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical or professional qualification
* Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015
* Graduate or Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
* Excellent knowledge of the CDM Regulations and Registered Membership of APS or equivalent, as well as a good knowledge of general health and safety legislation, in particular the Health and Safety at Work Act
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, but don't have an updated CV to apply - then give Dominic Jacques a call on 02079602551.
Key words: Health & Safety, CDM, Design Safety, IOSH, CMaPs, IMaPs, CDM 2015, Construction Safety