A leading integrated highways service and solutions provider is looking for an experienced senior environmental coordinator to join their team working across Kent and Sussex. You will join a fast-growing multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist Environmental input to schemes being delivered across the counties.
What will your role be?
Bringing your knowledge of EIA and HRA assessments to the team, you will work with colleagues to make sure the design and build of projects runs smoothly. Your role will be both site and office based so no two days will be the same! The role is a sociable one, so you should enjoy communicating with lots of different people including colleagues, subcontractors, local authorities and other scheme stakeholders such as natural England and AONB's.
On a day to day basis you might find yourself completing environmental studies and design input for Highways England's Environmental Designated Funds or assisting the development of the Environmental Management Plans and Landscape Management Plans. A couple of days a week you will visit the sites of proposed schemes to attend meetings and undertake routine maintenance. As part of your role you will also provide advice and guidance to more junior team members to help with their professional development.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will have;
* A relevant degree in Environmental Scientist, Ecology or a related subject
* Professional membership of a relevant institution (CIEEM / IEMA / CIWEM)
* A European Protected Species License (GCN or Bats desirable)
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of Environmental Law and best practice along with experience of applying it to major projects
* Knowledge of Highways England value management process and designated funding
* Knowledge of highways England's DMRB and other standards including AMOR
* CSCS card
* Valid UK Driving Licence
Senior Environment Coordinator - Kent - Sussex - Highways England - Major projects - Highways - DMRB - CSCS - Ecology - EIA - HRA