Our client is an innovative engineering and environmental consultancy who have built their reputation on delivering high quality consultancy services in Environment Planning and Development, Buildings and Infrastructure, compliance and sustainability.
As a result of recent successes and continued expansion, they are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Geoenvironmental engineer into their Cambridge, Chelmsford or Ipswich offices. You will work closely with the local multidisciplinary teams and other land quality experts across their network of UK offices on an array of project work including those in the rail sector. Given the current workload, our client is also interested to hear from consultant and principal level contaminated land professionals, so if you'd like to hear more about their broad portfolio of work then please apply today!
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior Geoenvironmental engineer will;
* Undertake Phase 1 and Phase 2 investigations and prepare associated reports
* Manage and supervise sub-contractors and plant
* Liaise with Regulators, Service Providers and Clients to ensure information is effectively assimilated and projects are successfully delivered.
* Review reports compiled by more junior team members
* Support the professional development of team members.
Qualifications / Experience:
* A Degree in a relevant subject (geology, hydrogeology etc.)
* A Postgraduate Degree in a relevant subject is desirable.
* Evidence of actively working towards membership of a relevant professional body (CGeol, CSci, CIWME, IEMA)
* Proven experience of undertaking a consultancy role.
* An interest in geotechnics and its interaction with land quality, will be an attractive quality in prospective candidates.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and friendly team during a time of growth. In return for your efforts you will receive support for training and development from both internal and external sources.