A leading development finance institution (DFI) are looking to appoint an Environmental Social Governance (ESG) Associate, to join their industry recognised team. The organisation boast a prestigious heritage of sustainable investment, investing exclusively in emerging markets, across a range of industries.
You will be an exceptional sustainability professional most likely possessing a relevant Master's degree and c. two years of relevant work experience. You will have an in depth understanding of ESG and responsible investment, most likely with experience working in emerging markets. In addition to refined analytical skills, you will have strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of different stakeholders.
About the role:
The role is varied, and will include supporting the ESG team in carrying out due diligence on possible transactions, ensuring compliance with the organisation's code of responsible investment, and monitoring the portfolio, producing annual monitoring reports. Working as part of a large ESG team, you will work on an interesting and diverse international portfolio, working across markets which include infrastructure, manufacturing, agri-business, financial institutions, health and education.
* Carrying out due diligence reviews of ESG performance, in order to identify ESG risk
* Oversee due diligence carried out on behalf of the organisation
* Monitor investee strategy, evaluating their ESG management
* Meeting with stakeholders as part of due diligence
* MSc in relevant subject
* Relevant work experience in ESG, responsible investment or sustainability, most likely with experience in emerging markets
* Knowledge of ESG issues, particularly in the context of emerging markets
* A breadth of knowledge across different areas of sustainability
* A proven communicator
* Excellent quantitative analysis skills
If you have the suitable skills and experience please apply directly, or for to discuss further contact Gareth on 020 7960 2559.