Due to a period of growth, a leading DFI are searching for an ESG Executive, to join their highly reputable Environmental Social Governance team. The organisation boast an impressive heritage of sustainable investment, investing exclusively in emerging markets across a range of industries.
You will be an experienced ESG professional, most likely with expertise investing in the infrastructure, agribusiness or the financial services sector. You will have an outstanding academic track record with a Masters in a relevant discipline, most likely with experienced working internationally, specifically in emerging markets. Your professional experience will be in ESG most likely within development finance, ESG consulting, banking or the wider investment industry.
About the role:
The role is varied, with the successful applicant assuming a number of responsibilities which include investment proposal evaluation, implementing ESG policies within investees, monitoring investee compliance and supporting ESG training with a range of internal and external stakeholders. With the majority of investees located in emerging markets, the role requires considerable international travel, working with a diverse portfolio of interesting organisations.
* Carrying out due diligence reviews of ESG performance, in order to identify ESG risk
* Provide internal quality control, supporting investment teams
* Implement ESG policies with investees, working with companies to improves their systems and procedures
* Identify investment opportunities in which ESG will add value
* Producing reports on ESG topics for internal & external stakeholders, including the company's Board.
* Developing and mentoring other internal stakeholders
* Oversee due diligence carried out on behalf of the organisation
* Monitor investee strategy, evaluating their ESG management
* Meeting with stakeholders as part of due diligence
* MSc in relevant subject
* Relevant experience in ESG /SRI, most likely with experience in emerging markets
* Knowledge of ESG issues, particularly in the context of emerging markets
* Fluency in French (preferred)
* A proven communicator
* Excellent quantitative analysis skills
* Comfortable undertaking international travel
If you have the suitable skills and experience please apply directly, or for to discuss further contact Gareth on 020 7960 2559.