An exciting opportunity has emerged to join an outstanding acoustics team within an award winning engineering and environmental consultancy in their Manchester office. Our client is looking for an experienced acoustic consultant to work alongside the acoustic service manager, taking a lead on a range of projects with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility to master planning.
Role & Company:
Using your experiences in environmental noise and vibration consultancy, you will take responsibility for a variety of tasks including collecting and collating quantitative data including noise and vibration measurements and sound insulation tests. You will also be tasked with drafting technical reports and presenting these to clients. You'll be joining a rapidly expanding noise team who are looking to grow their client base in order to serve wider architectural acoustics projects and building services design.
As a high growth and dynamic business, our client priorities investing in people, offering a number of personal development programmes including professional mentoring and wellbeing seminars. Joining this multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will be offered a range of company benefits including a generous healthcare, childcare and pension contribution scheme. Other company perks include a free taste card for all new employees, discounted cinema tickets and retail discounts.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree in an acoustics related discipline or equivalent
* Membership of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA or AMIOA)
* Good knowledge of the EIA process and associate legislation and guidelines
* Proven experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience of using noise and vibration monitoring equipment and modelling packages (CadnaA)
* Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages
* Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
* UK driving license
Environmental Acoustics - Consultant - Manchester - CADnaA - Building Acoustics - AutoCAD - Noise consultant