I am currently working with an award-winning structural and civil engineering design practice based in Central London. They have been known to work on prestigious UK and international projects from inception to completion. They are looking for a Civil Engineer to join on an initial 3 month contract, with the option of having it extended. The successful candidate will be someone who has good experience of the water and highways sectors.
* Developing concept designs
* Managing projects and working to a fee and programme agreed with the Project Director
* Delivering construction information
* Managing technicians and more junior team members
* Representing the company at client and design team meetings
* Producing technical design information including reports, calculations, drawings and specifications
* Significant design experience (including foul water, surface water, highways and pavements)
* Experience of earthworks and their specifications and cut and fill calculations
* Has experience in defining briefs, developing strategies and undertaking feasibility studies in response to client needs.
* Good knowledge of relevant infrastructure-adoptable standards
* Experience in negotiating with Statutory Authorities
* Software experience: Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Revit, Micro-Drainage/WinDES etc.
* An awareness of BIM and its application is also beneficial
Chartered Engineers are a preference, however is by no means a pre-requisite.