Senior Environmental Consultant – Surrey
£30,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
This market leading and award winning Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Consultancy currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer to join our expanding team at their busy office in Surrey. As an organisation they have multiple offices across the UK and have a strong established team of technical specialists. This position has come about due to an increase in project work load and is an exciting time to join with many exciting projects being won at tender stage. They work at the forefront of the industry, providing innovative ground solutions providing client the highest of quality throughout the project cycle.
• Technical expertise in contaminated land ground investigation, risk assessment and ideally remediation.
• Experience of both human health and controlled waters detailed quantitative risk assessment (DQRA) including use of the Contaminated Land Exposure Assessment (CLEA) model and relevant controlled waters risk assessment packages.
• Strong project management skills.
• Experience of originating and checking factual and interpretative reports including DQRAs, remediation strategies, options appraisals, and verification / validation reports.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant UK legislation, technical guidance and codes of practice.
• A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills.
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry) and a masters in a relevant specialism would be desirable.
• 3-8 years’ relevant experience of working on Geoenvironmental / Contaminated Land projects in the UK.
• A knowledge of geotechnical engineering and its interaction with Geoenvironmental / Contaminated Land aspects of a project would be desirable. You will be expected to combine site work with office based technical work, project management and support with staff mentoring.
As you would expect an excellent financial package is on offer. Training allowance, professional subscriptions and flexible working arrangements are just some of the benefits that are also on offer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader on exciting projects within a team that will support you throughout your career.