Job Ref: 235905
Job Title: Property Manager
Salary: £35k - £45k
Mattinson Partnership have been asked to advice a firm of chartered surveyors in their search for an experienced Property Manager, they are looking for someone with a solid track record and experience managing junior staff.
You will be responsible for directing the delivery of an effective and compliant Property Management service through in-house staff, suppliers and consultants - across hard and soft services - and managing the co-ordination, access, impact on services and communication to occupiers of development works within the common areas within a single building
* Prepare and monitor service charge budgets
* Check and approve expenditure against service charge budgets
* Liaising with tenants to clarify their leases obligations such as rent, service charge payments, use of the building. Ensure they understand their repairing, Health & Safety obligations.
* Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances.
* Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs
* Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
* Provide best in class customer service to internal and external customer base
* Maintain regular and effective communication with clients, occupiers, colleagues and external consultants.
* Support site based staff
Clients and Business Development
* Manages existing client/supplier relationships on a regular basis
* Works independently on most areas of work under regular management monitoring
* Receives guidance only on unusual issues or strategic issues
* Has broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
* Enhances Aston Roses reputation through successful delivery
* Supervises on site team
* Shares knowledge with/ provides information to colleagues and team
Systems and Process
* Responsible for managing routine processes and procedures
* Can identify improvements to business processes within own function
* Is a contributor to Aston Roses systems and processes
Person specification Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent
* Membership or Associate Membership of RICS
* Membership or Associate Membership of BIFM
* Membership or Associate Membership of IOSH
* Member of a relevant professional body
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Experience with management of development/refurbishment works in an occupied property
* Understanding of commercial leases and the landlord and tenant relationship
* Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken IT literate - MS Office at intermediate level
It is crucial you are a strong commnuicator, the role has a strong people focus so yo umust be able to commnuicate effectively both internally and externally.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact George on 0207 960 2586 or
Property, Property Management, RICS , BIFM , IOSH
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.