A central London borough are looking for a Conservation Officer to join their Planning & Design team. Working closely with the development management team of planners, urban designers and architects, you'll utilise your IHBC accredited degree to ensure any changes in planning and design are compliant with conservation and heritage regulation. An initial 3 month contract, this is expected to roll on for some considerable time.
Role & Company:
* Key elements to the role include: advising heritage impact on planning applications, ensure the appropriate altering of listed buildings, ad work on the impact of proposed development near heritage sites.
* As well as the planning team, you'll work closely with architects and urban designers on large scale projects to ensure conservation and heritage has been appropriately considered in design.
* This local authority have an interesting footprint, working across a large conservation area and with a wide variety of listed buildings. The work will be both interesting and challenging!
* Work as part of a 50 strong development team, passionate individuals working on ensure the local authority offers vibrant and safe community spaces.
Qualifications & Experience:
* An IHBC accredited degree, and appropriate knowledge of conservation issues. Your background could also come from planning, design or architecture so long as you have demonstrable knowledge in the sectors required.
* Minimum 2 years post qualification.
Conservation Officer - Planning & Design - Development Team - Conservation & Heritage Impact