Our client is looking for a senior modeller to join their Cardiff team in order to manage their high (and growing) workload. The successful candidate will be leading on the delivery of flood risk and drainage modelling projects across a range of different projects. You will be joining a small team with high visibility and excellent opportunities for involvement, where your contribution and ideas are strongly encouraged! This is a unique opportunity to join a growing organisation who offer both consultancy and research services.
Role & Company:
Our client is looking for a technically strong senior modeller who will be responsible for providing direction to consultants to deliver modelling outputs and reporting using key drainage and coastal modelling software. Although primarily focused on fluvial, the role will entail delivery of both drainage and fluvial work with the potential to diversify into other areas. Our client has a diverse set of project work including housing and commercial developments, transport infrastructure and power within both public and private sector.
This growing, employee owned environmental consultancy pride themselves on the unique opportunity for all employees to be involved within the technical and business direction of the company. The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including matched pension contribution, generous leave entitlement and flexible working as well as good opportunities for personal development with every employee given five days a year for targeted training and professional development.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree in relevant discipline.
* Postgraduate qualification (desirable).
* Chartered, or near chartered CIWEM or ICE status.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of industry software - Tuflow, Flood Modeller, HecRas, WINFAP, ReFH2.
* A good working knowledge of flood risk regulation and planning requirements.
* Extensive experience of GIS or AutoCAD software packages (such as MapInfo, ArcGIS or QGIS)
* Excellent report writing skills, with an aptitude for project management and business development tasks.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Senior Hydraulic Modeller - Drainage - HecRas - Fluvial - GIS - FRA - Tuflow - Modelling - Cardiff - Hydraulics - Flood Risk Assessment