Assistant Manager - Corporate Finance. Location: London. Salary: Up to £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits!
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the energy market has ever seen with major players from across the energy industry? Are you attracted to an exciting career in a growing team within one of the world’s top consultancies, operating within lucrative and rapidly expanding global markets? Do you currently work within power, energy or utilities with experience gained working for a developer of generation assets, electricity retailer or Big 6 Consultancy?
If so, then this opportunity is ideal for you!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking an Assistant Manager (Corporate Finance) for a global giant in management consultancy and professional services. Working within the Deal Advisory team, the successful candidate will work across multiple engagements, gaining a better understanding of how the different functions of the power market (renewables, conventional, innovation and the grid) work together to keep the lights on and help the UK and other global locations meet its renewable targets in a rapidly changing market.
• Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis; largely consisting of strategic, regulatory or transactional mandates
• Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches
• Research and analysing information to support commercial objectives concerning market entry/exit or growth strategies
• Transaction advisory
• Advise on the opportunities and threats of a changing regulatory environment
• Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
• Writing professional reports by taking concepts and presenting in a commercial format with the use of Financial Models using Microsoft Excel
• Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models
• Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
• Developing a good working understanding of the economic regulation
• Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects, often working on several projects in tandem
• Performing professionally in compliance with legislation and any applicable regulatory framework, industry Best Practice and internal company protocols
The Ideal Person:
• Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similarly analytical;
• Have demonstrable experience in the power and utility sector, obtained working for a developer of generation assets, electricity retailer or Big 6 participant
• Experience with strategy consulting with the ability to apply strategic methodologies to identify opportunities and threats
• Able to deliver projects within time and budget, adhering to internal and regulatory compliance
• Numerically skilled with good experience in financial analysis and financial modelling
• Commercially aware with strong attention to detail
• Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping our client to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector
• Curious, investigative and naturally keen to learn
• Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this secondment offers and keen to learn as much as possible about the power sector
• IT literate and ‘super-user’ of Microsoft Word for report writing, Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations and/or Microsoft Excel for financial modelling
• Familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases would also be a positive
• An understanding of current UK economic regulation as well as its application