A Surrey district council are looking to expand their planning team with the addition of multiple planners with a specialism in policy. It's an exciting time for the district, with multiple neighbourhood plan productions, more work for increasing the delivery of houses, and progressing the wider local plan to pre-exam consultation. The district are open to policy planners of all levels, making this role ideal for any Planner with policy experience.
Role & Company:
* Planning policy - with so much development the local authority are open to seeing planners at any level, so long as you can demonstrate policy knowledge & experience.
* There is however a gap at Senior Planning Officer level - so an application from anyone specifically at this point in the career will receive preferential status.
* Work predominantly on ensuring the local plan (stage 2) progresses to pre-exam consultation.
* Focus also on the delivery of neighbourhood plans and the delivery of more new build houses.
* The district council already have an experienced planning team in house, with exception management in place. Open to both temporary and permanent staff, they will invest into your training and development while providing a fun place to work.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Open to town planners of all levels (post qualification)
* Must have policy knowledge and expertise
* Open to staff on both permanent and temporary contracts.
* Surrey based, preference for applicants to hold a UK driving license.
If this role isn't quite right for you, we pay £250 for a successful referral - who do you know who might be interested? We also work on planning opportunities across the UK in the private and public sector, perhaps we have something else that's just right for you - make sure you get in touch!
Senior Planning Policy Officer - Surrey - Local Plan (Stage 2) Pre-Exam Consultation - Neighbourhood Plans - Delivery Further Housing in District - Permanent & Contract Opportunities