Are you an Ecologist with experience in large infrastructure projects looking to further your career? Due to continuing success and pipeline of projects, our leading environmental consultancy client is looking to recruit a Senior Ecological consultant to join their esteemed team of Ecology professionals in their Oxford or Wolverhampton office.
You will have the opportunity to manage the delivery of key ecology contracts and provide consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
* Work with internal colleagues and sub consultants to deliver project work on key electricity, water and development contracts.
* Work with the Ecology manager to identify target clients and win new business.
* Lead and undertake ecological work including:
* Desk studies, specifications, consultations, research, data management and analysis and report writing.
* Review and manage the delivery of work completed by colleagues and subcontractors.
* Undertake ecological surveys such as extended Phase 1 Habitat and Ecocheck surveys, protected species surveys and mitigation works.
* Compile ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful senior ecology consultant will have:
* A degree in a relevant subject
* Chartership to a relevant institution (advantageous)
* At least one European Protected Species licence
* Experienced at project management, ideally in the utility sector.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* A flexible approach to working in terms of type of work, time and location.