An exciting opportunity to join a growing planning consultancy, predominantly delivering flood risk assessments for clients nationwide. Working across a range of sectors, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team, supporting a senior engineer on project work as well as taking responsibility for tender preparation and project management.
Role & Company:
With your three years+ experience in the industry, you will provide feasibility and design advice to clients in development and land use planning markets. This will include you undertaking site viability assessments, site walkover commissioning surveys, flood risk assessments and surface and groundwater drainage design. Our client has a variety of work from small scale private developments to mid-scale long term service contracts, so no two days will be the same!
As a small and friendly office, you will be working alongside the directors on a day to day with tangible opportunities for involvement with company's strategic direction. They can also offer flexible working hour's dependant on your needs, alongside generous thirty day holiday allowance.
Qualifications & Experience:
* An engineering or science related qualification, degree or equivalent
* Chartered or working towards chartered status with the ICE or CIWEM
* Experience of detailed design and the management of detailed design projects
* A track record of delivering Flood Risk Assessments (FRA's), drainage reports and strategies to support outline and detailed planning applications
* Experience in using relevant design packages AutoCAD civils 3D, ArcGIS, MicroDrainage (WinDes) or Infoworks
* Hydrological Assessment and Hydraulic Modelling using WINFAP-FEH and Flood Modeller software packages
* Demonstrable experience and understanding of CDM/ Health and Safety
* Experience of consultations with various authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Internal Drainage Boards and Drainage Undertakers) regarding flood risk and drainage design
* Strong verbal and written communication
* A valid UK driving licence
Flood Risk Assessment - Drainage design - Consultant - Yorkshire- WINFAP-FEH - SuDS - Consultancy - AutoCAD - York - WinDes