Our client is looking for a senior geo-environmental consultant to join a rapidly expanding and dynamic team in their Manchester office. As a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy specialising in a range of environmental services, they are looking for a senior consultant to join the team to take a lead on projects as well as support on business development and mentoring opportunities in line with their progressive growth plans.
Role & Company:
The primary focus of the role will be managing projects, communicating with clients and assisting the northern lead with forecasting, invoicing and resourcing. You will be coaching and mentoring junior staff to support their career development, with future expansion in mind. You will be responsible for management of site investigations, conducting Phase I and Phase II assessments and undertaking associated reporting. Your project portfolio will be varied and include projects in residential, commercial and industrial sectors for both private and public-sector clients.
With over twenty years' experience my client delivers projects nationwide across a variety of sectors including large government agencies, major developers and housing associations, as well as public sector bodies. The client offers a range of professional development opportunities, including both internal and external training schemes. A generous pension, healthcare and cycle to work scheme are just some of the benefits offered.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Geology, Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology
* Demonstrable experience in a multi-disciplined consultancy environment with an excellent track record for successfully delivering projects to clients within the development sector
* Strong technical ability and proven background in geo-environmental consultancy
* Membership of professional organization - be chartered or with a clearly defined plan to apply within the next 12 months (e.g. CGeol, C Sci, C Env or similar)
* Sound knowledge of UK contaminated land legislation, statutory guidance and its application in site assessment and remediation.
* An A keen eye for detail with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Geo-Environmental - Contaminated Land - Remediation - Brownfield - Senior Consultant - Environmental - Manchester - Consultancy - Site investigation