This employer is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents. As it continues to grow in the UK it is looking for talented individuals to join its expanding team.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Manage multidisciplinary environmental projects including Phase I and II environmental site assessments, detailed site-specific environmental and human health risk assessment, asbestos in soils risk assessment, contamination trend analysis, remediation design and costing, brownfield redevelopment, environmental permitting support including site condition reports and permit surrender
- Complete detailed quantitative risk assessment using ConSim software
- Manage site acquisition and divestiture due diligence
- Take responsibility for business growth in existing and new areas, including opportunity generation and proposal writing
- Establish client relationships and winning repeat work
- Ensure that the team's technical project work is completed to a high standard
- Provide regulatory compliance advice to clients and colleagues, including liaison with the regulatory authorities
- Assist junior team members in developing skills and competencies
- Act as a technical specialist, contributing to sector conferences etc.
Our client is looking for an experienced and motivated principal environmental consultant with a proven track record in business development, winning work and project management, with extensive experience of preparing and delivering contaminated land projects in the UK. You will also have:
- A degree in a core science or engineering discipline
- Chartered status with a relevant institution
- A strong and up-to-date understanding of the UK contaminated land regulatory regimes
- A track record of attending/network development and relevant industry events
- Experience of developing opportunities, winning work and managing client relationships
- Broad sector experience, specifically including property development and industrial client support
- Experience of team leadership or formal mentoring and coaching roles within a commercial environment
When applying for this vacancy please ensure that you attach your CV in WORD FORMAT including your full contact details and postal address. Failure to provide this information will significantly hinder our ability to assist you.