A unique opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing ecology team within a leading environment consultancy to strengthen their team in the Manchester region. In this role, you will be required to support the Ecology lead through delivery and management of ecological projects, business development, as well as the management, mentoring and guidance for junior staff.
Role & Company:
You will be responsible for the delivery and management of a range of ecological projects in various business sectors including; specialist species surveys, ecological impact assessment, habitats regulations assessment, EPS licensing and monitoring and biodiversity enhancement. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and forward-thinking team with the autonomy to grow our client's ecological services across the North of UK.
You will be responsible for successful project management including client liaison, tender preparation and financial control. You should be highly motivated, able to work under your own initiative and have a drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
With over 20 years' experience, our client delivers environmental solutions nationally from regional offices throughout the UK. They offer a range of training and development opportunities, alongside structured career progression. Other company benefits includes a generous pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Honours degree and/or post-graduate qualification in ecology or a related biological/environmental science discipline
* Around 5 or more years' experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
* Membership of CIEEM
* At least one European Protected Species licence (Class 2 bats would be highly desirable)
* Demonstrable experience in managing multi-species projects
* Proven business development skills including fee scheduling and tender writing
* Proven project management experience, including resource allocation and invoicing
* Strong communication skills and proven ability with dealing with suppliers, clients and peers effectively at all levels
If you have broad technical ecological skills, demonstrable project and team management experience and a flair for business development, then we'd like to hear from you.
Ecology Consultant - Manchester - Senior - Environmental Consultancy - EcIA - Protected Species