A FTSE 100 global leader are offering a unique opportunity for a motivated marine scientist who has the desire to build and develop a technical team to deliver varied projects internationally.
With a strong portfolio of marine projects, predominantly in the offshore renewables, subsea cables, nuclear and oil and gas sectors, this opportunity has a great potential for the right candidate to make significant contribution to the delivery of the company's strategic vision.
Role & Company:
You will have a strong technical and delivery background, as well as an extensive network of clients and strategic vision to grow the team. In supporting the business development and delivery of large-scale marine and coastal infrastructure projects, you will be providing marine technical expertise and project direction as well as taking both technical and professional leadership, support and development of the marine team through mentoring and line management.
There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across the wider consultancy business. Ideally, this role would be based in our client's London, Reading or Bristol office, although other office locations (Newcastle or Edinburgh) would be considered for the right candidate.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree qualified to MSc, PhD level or equivalent in a marine discipline, e.g. marine biology/oceanography.
* A marine technical background with 10+ years' experience of managing projects in the marine and/or coastal environment.
* Proven track record in leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience of providing technical direction at a project level along with a reputation for producing high quality work.
* Track record of securing new business and an established network of client and stakeholder contacts.
* Experience in high level business strategy, project finances and responses to strategic bids.
* Experience in the EIA process, production of Scoping/Screening reports and ES chapters, technical reports and in undertaking the assessment of effects in the marine environment.
* Knowledge of UK and European legislation in relation to protected habitats and species including knowledge of the HRA process.
Associate Director - Technical Director - Marine Environmental Impact Assessment - EIA -HRA