Senior Environmental Consultant – Contaminated Land
£32,000 - £38,000 a year
Manchester /West Midlands /Reading /Cambridge
This Client are a leading contaminated land and remediation consultancy with a network of offices across the UK and overseas. As an organisation they work across a variety of industry sectors and consequently have a diverse project portfolio, with projects working across all stages from mitigation through to remediation. The successful candidate will enjoy fast-paced decision making and innovative thinking, providing solutions to client’s contamination issues.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to have an immediate positive impact on a variety of potentially highly contaminated or environmentally sensitive sites, without the delays and frustrations that so frequently limit the remediation and development of brownfield projects.
The opportunity is for a highly experienced scientist/Environmental Consultant to be based from the clients North West base (although there can be flexibility on location and this role can also be based from West Midlands, Reading or Cambridge)
The main duties of the role will include:
• Providing technical advice and advanced project support to operations managers and project teams across the UK on projects ranging from domestic oil spills to complex historic contamination remediation projects
• Managing some of our more complex, technical projects from start to finish utilising in house personnel (scientists, remediation engineers, technicians etc) and subcontractors as required
• Liaising with clients, subcontractors, regulators and other stakeholders
• Mentoring of staff and advancing technical understanding among others
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Science based degree (environmental science, geology or similar)
• Broad geo-environmental ground investigation, site management and remediation experience
• Oil spill management and remediation is an advantage
• Extensive project management experience including managing subcontractors, site teams and project finances
• Advanced technical report writing ability (phase I and II ground investigations, remedial strategies etc)
• Experience of managing a team or checking work undertaken by others an advantage
• Commercial awareness and the ability to inform tenders/bids
As you would expect the role will offer an excellent benefits package, comprehensive training program and is committed to your personal and professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity to use and develop your technical expertise across a variety of interesting and diverse project range.