One of the UK's most prominent planning consultancies are looking for a Director to join their team in Bedford, working across a variety of projects in the Milton Keynes region. Due to continued growth this new position has arisen as the company has had an excellent 2018 and is looking to develop exciting new markets to ensure similar success this year. You will be tasked with leading the business growth the MK area, with a team already in place to support you. Managing them, you will be given the freedom to develop the market as you see fit, playing to your own strengths. This is the perfect opportunity for an Associate Director looking to step up, or a Director looking to relocate to the region.
Role & Company:
* With an established set up in Bedford already, you will be joining an experienced team with the task of developing more business in the Milton Keynes region. There is already plenty of confirmed work for multiple new hires to move on to, including yourself, while you develop further business.
* Co-managing the team with the other Directors, you will have responsibility to provide training and development opportunities to junior members of staff.
* You will have total freedom on how you develop business in the area, the consultancy works across private & public sector contracts, and over multiple streams of work though it tends to focus on medium to large scale mixed use, commercial and residential builds.
* One of the UK's leading planning consultancies with offices nationwide, this company has enjoyed a highly successful 2018 and is looking to replicate that this year. You will be part of a wave of new hires at multiple levels across the practice.
* Given the intention for further growth, there will be opportunities in the future to move to Senior Director & Partner as the company continues to expand. In the meantime, they offer an excellent benefits package and substantial bonus.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Qualified Town Planner, MRTPI. You'll be required to hit the ground running providing support on work already won.
* Minimum 8 years' post qualification experience - public or private sector, though experience in developing new business is required.
* Demonstrable experience in mentoring/managing junior members of staff.
* Full driving license.
Planning Director - Bedford - MRTPI - Developing Business - Variety of Sectors - Managing Staff