My client is an award winning consultancy that work on domestic and international projects. They are looking for a Senior or Principal Transport consultant in Manchester.
They are they are looking for people with experience of around 5 to 10 years with a "can do" attitude. The position is for a project manager, tasked with the delivery of small and medium sized projects for some of the established clients whilst delivering new business.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
* Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
* Application of operational transport models for junctions (SATURN, PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT)
* An ability to undertake and appreciate methods to deliver bespoke analysis regarding initial scheme viability.
* Parking, local traffic, lorry management and other local transport plan issues including cycle and walking strategy development.
* An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
* Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas.
* The candidate will be actively in the process of achieving professional accreditation either through ICE, CIHT, TPP or equivalent.
* They will be expected to be able to communicate well and establish excellent working relationships with clients.
Transport planning / Transport Assessments / Transport Policy / Transportation / Transport Modelling