Our multi-disciplinary Client is seeking an ecologist to join their Oxford based team, offering assistance with the delivery of ecological consultancy and mitigation works. You will join an established team of ecologists and have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues in other disciplines including Landscape, EIA and Archaeology. This role offers exposure to a variety of project work including those within renewable energy, utility and developer markets.
The Ecologist will;
* Undertake/plan a wide range of ecological surveys ranging from extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys to more specialist surveys
* Liaise and attend meetings with clients and statutory bodies
* Compile concise reports from survey findings, meeting timescales and client needs.
* Author Ecological reports for input to Environmental Impact Assessment, to be compliant with legislation and client requirements
* Work as part of a team and build professional relationships with colleagues, ensuring best use of skills and knowledge.
* Support sales activities, from drafting quotes to assisting with tenders
* Be motivated and dynamic with regards to personal career development, with an ambition to gain an additional EPS licence within your 1st year in the role.
The Ecologist will have;
* A relevant Degree
* Good survey experience and at least one relevant EPS survey licence
* Evidence of actively working towards Full CIEEM membership
* Proven experience of working within an ecological consultancy. Candidates with project portfolios that include utility company contracts are well desired.
* Full driving license
This is an ideal role for a dedicated ecologist looking to join an established and successful multidisciplinary environmental team where you will be encouraged to work towards securing additional EPS licenses. The ecological nature of the position means you will be flexible regarding working hours and survey locations. In return our Client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Ecologist - Ecology - Oxfordshire - Oxford - Protected species - EPS licence