My client are looking to appoint an assistant ecologist into their London team, to help with and carry out ecological surveys and mitigation during the 2019 survey season.
The role of the Assistant Ecologist will be varied but duties may include;
* Undertaking bat surveys (including building, tree and activity surveys),
* Trapping and translocation of reptiles and amphibians,
* Supervision of works close to features supporting protected species including badger, otter and water vole,
* Ecological Watching Brief,
* Completing weekly reports for review,
* Collating timesheets and assisting with accounts administration,
* Constant review of environmental design drawings against the actual situation on the ground, e.g. the location of fence lines and habitat manipulation, and regular communication of this information with the client,
* Co-ordination of other ecological projects as required including arranging surveys, collection of data, supervision and reporting.
Qualifications / Experience:
Successful applicants will have;
* A relevant first degree;
* Demonstrable experience of ecological survey and mitigation (at least one survey season);
* Proven field work skills;
* Good native reptile identification skills;
* Ability to identify habitats and indicator plant species;
* Willingness to work during evenings and at weekends as the project requires;
* A full UK driving licence.
Ecology - Ecologist - Field Assistant - Surveying - Field work