Our client, a remediation and earthworks contractor, is looking for a motivated individual to join their team in their North West or Midlands office. This is a distinctive opportunity for the right person to join a specialist environmental contractor delivering solutions in Brownfield site transformation.
Role & Company:
The role will focus on phase II site investigation, including the associated soil logging, testing, sampling and trial pit drilling. You will be assessing the suitability of imported fill materials, categorising waste soils for disposal, preparing and administering Material Management Plans as well as submitting Environmental Permit applications. You will also be tracking material movements on site, recovering validation samples and undertaking any required environmental monitoring required under the Environmental Permit.
This sort of role would be well suited to an open minded individual who is interested in a more unconventional career path within a highly supportive environment. There is plenty of opportunity for progression with a more project manager focus and support through to chartership.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree qualified in geology / contaminated land / engineering or similar.
* Minimum 1 years' experience of working on contaminated land issues, gained within a consulting or contracting environment.
* Proven experience in site investigation and understanding of ground investigation.
* Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
* Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
* Competent and efficient report writing skills.
* Full clean UK driving licence.
Geo environmental - Consultant - Remediation - Contaminated Land - North West - Earthworks - Midlands - Phase II - Manchester