A Structural Engineer with around 2 years design experience in building structures is needed to join the structural division of this multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering consultancy based in Bedfordshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing structural engineering team that provides excellent Chartership support and a clear progression structure. They work across a number of sectors, with a current bias towards residential developments.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Structures Team director and other engineers. The role will include:
* Preparing sketch schemes to explore initial design ideas.
* Instructing technicians to produce working drawings
* Preparing design calculation packages
* Work will mainly be on building structures, with some work on civil engineering structures such as retaining walls and landscape structures.
Required skills & qualifications
* Degree in Civil or Structural engineering (Ideally MEng)
* A minimum of 1 years' experience in the design of building structures such as houses, schools and offices
* Ability to design in all the main structural materials (eg. timber, steel, masonry, concrete)
* Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
* Experience in producing structural calculations
* Be an ambitious engineer who is keen to achieve Chartered status in the coming years
* Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
* Knowledge of AutoCAD.