A multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is looking for an experienced Structural CAD Technician to join the Bedford office. They are looking to make this hire due to an increase in their current workload, particularly in the residential sector. The Structures team tends to favour AutoCAD over Revit; hence this role would suit someone who has a minimum of 2 years AutoCAD experience on buildings projects.
* Working closely with the Structures Team director and engineers.
* Preparing drawings
* Managing incoming and outgoing drawings and documents
* Some design work, particularly in relation to foundations for housing.
* Work will mainly be on building structures, with some work on civil engineering structures such as retaining walls and landscape structures.
* Around 2 years' experience in AutoCad drafting of building structures
* Knowledge of all the main structural materials
* HNC/HND/Similar qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Experience of using TEDDS calculation package would also be preferable, although not expected
For more information, please call Elliot on 0207 960 2580
Structural Engineering - Buildings - Residential - AutoCAD - TEDDS - New Build - Bedford