An exciting opportunity has developed to manage the delivery of flood risk management projects and act as the specialist discipline lead within a successful and growing multidisciplinary team in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. You will be assisting in the development of new business within the Flooding and Water Management team across Scotland.
Our client is a European engineering consultancy with operations in the construction, architecture and environmental markets. They specialise in providing engineering and planning support for both large and small developments in the private and public sectors. Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are currently looking to appoint an Associate/ Team Lead to develop their flood risk capability within Scotland.
Role & Company:
As Team Lead for the Scotland office you will be taking on business development responsibilities, leading with the preparation/presentation of proposals as required and developing services with new and existing clients, relating particularly to areas of own technical expertise. Primarily, you will be overseeing the delivery of flood risk management projects, maintaining client contact and ensuring that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements. You will be responsible for the technical content of all work as well as providing guidance, support and training to junior colleagues.
You will be joining a high growth company, with a strong European presence. There is a working culture of decentralisation, where employees are empowered to take responsibility of their work. Offering a competitive salary and benefits package, you'll be working in an open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop - continuous profession development is a requirement!
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or similar subject with significant hydrology or hydraulics content
* MSc\MEng and\or PhD with a focussed on either hydrology, hydraulic, water resources or other applied environmental science subject
* Chartered or progressing to chartership - CIWEM, ICE or IEMA
* A good technical understanding of hydrology and open channel hydraulics
* Experience of GIS (e.g. ArcGIS) and hydraulic \ hydrology modelling software (e.g. FEH, WINFAP, Flood Modeller \ TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM, HYSIM, Microdrainage)
* Experience in flood estimation methods, undertaking environmental impact assessments, drainage and SUDs design, river engineering and water resource assessment.
* Desire to support the growth of the team and wider business in line with the company's values
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
Associate - Hydrologist - Flood Risk - Edinburgh - AutoCAD - Scotland - Hydraulic Modelling - Team Lead - Flood Alleviation - Hydrology - CIWEM - Glasgow